Sunday, December 15, 2013

668 Final Reflection

1. What resources did I share? When looking over the course of my action research project, I think I shared a number of good resources including websites, books, and research about mentoring, technology integration, and most importantly, change.  I especially enjoyed the philosophy of adaptation assignment, as it allowed me to get back into a lot of good books I've been reading in this area lately.  I also think I shared some helpful tools via the twitter chats.

2. What did I intend to be the impact of my resources on others' learning?  I hoped that others would learn about and add to their own resources some of the new ways of thinking about teaching and learning that I have been getting into lately.  Changing the way we look at teaching in the classroom (and out), and changing the way we think about how kids learn and what they need to learn is a major shift - it's more than just adding on to the way we've always done things.  For me, it means throwing what we've done out, and starting over with a new mindset, and I've found to be a really rejuvenating way to look at the profession.

3. What actual impact could I discern?  Although I didn't get much in the way of comments on my project or presentation, it has re-affirmed for me that my partner Barbra and I are (as always) on the right track and of the same mindset regarding our project. I also thought it was nice that Courtney and a couple of others seemed to appreciate some of the resources I shared - I enjoyed my conversations with them via Twitter and the blogs. Over the course of this class you could really hear the wheels 'a turning!

4. What resources did others share that made a difference to my learning?  SO many! Overall I seemed to interact most with the blogs and work of Barbra, Courtney, Heather, and Andrea - initially because they consistently posted their blogs to Twitter and made it easy for me to find them, but then after awhile because I started to get in sync with their projects, and their thinking about the materials in this course, and it was more like an ongoing conversation. Through our Twitter chats, their blogs, and comments on my blog, I feel like this particular group really offered a lot in terms of advice, resources, and most importantly, questions that made me think about angles I had not considered before. I had some interaction with a few others in the class occasionally, and wish I had more time/opportunity to go through their work as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment