Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Week One - Essential Question

image from cogdogblog.com
The essential question for week one: What are the characteristics I will need to be successful in this MOOC?

I can tell right away that organization will be a key factor in my success!  To that end, I plan to do the following:
1. Keep calendar up-to-date and set up alerts for my phone
2. Keep a hashtag column up in my TweetDeck for #diffimooc
3. Put a GoogleGroups gadget on my iGoogle homepage so I can get to them easily
4. Add my classmates' blogs to my blogroll on this blog so I can check and comment with some frequency.
5. Adding my group wiki as a link gadget on this blog.  I'd like this blog to be my central spot for the course. 
5. Continue to add to and rely on my Diigo resources - they have served me well.  If necessary I'll add a new list for this class.

Another factor that will be key is looking for people in our field who are really doing a lot with other MOOCS, and following them.  The resources they can provide, as well as the structure of their MOOC discussions on Twitter will be helpful to learn from.

Lastly, figuring out what aspects of this will be transferable and learning new ways to combine these resources in my classes will be an over-arching goal.  Not letting the technology get in the way of finding paths to that answer will be a challenge.  To be successful and reach that goal, I'll have to keep it in mind with every discussion.

3 comments:

  1. I really like how you are using this blog at your central station for our class. I will follow suit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These would be good steps for me to follow, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Tracie,

    Congrats on building your own small world here. I like your idea concerning putting all things together in one place, so it will be easy to come back and work on the required tasks. It is a great idea to create a blogroll compiling all our colleagues' blogs. I will follow you to make my learning more enjoyable.

    Your list of what you did to be more organized is similar to mine. You also talked about following those people who are successful and are very active learning,sharing and connecting. I talked about that in my post too(http://azharreflections.blogspot.com/2013/01/tweeting-sharing-and-blogging-3.html. That's why I follow you. I'm o happy to work with you!

    ReplyDelete