Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Week 4 - Essential Question

How can I use tools in "the cloud" to easily manage and deliver feedback to my students?

I decided to take the video challenge to answer this question - mostly because I was afraid if I started writing I would get waaaaayyy too strung out with this!  As it is my video is 7 minutes and I feel I still have to do a little supplemental explanation. The video explains how I use tools to manage and give students access to resources, assignments, etc.  I mention the student blogs, and my students do post assignments often on their blogs, not just for my classes but for others as well. They are an eportfolio of sorts.

One thing I neglect to mention is online collaboration.  Most of my students' small group collaboration or collaboration and feedback from me occurs on GoogleDrive (Docs).  There are times throughout the year where I will have groups of students collaborate on wikis they have set up.  These are usually found as links on student blogs.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, Tracie. Thank you for your video! I want to be one of your students. I am such a beginner at all of this-- I was happy to have successfully shared a folder in DropBox tonight.

    Your website is such a powerful tool for your students to take responsibility for their own learning. I'm inspired! Your students are so fortunate to have such a tech-savvy and well-organized teacher.

    Cheers,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete